It is estimated that 264 million people of all ages suffer from depression. The most affected are women. It shouldn’t be mistaken with mood swings or temporary fluctuations of emotions typical of everyday life. Instead, it is a deeply excruciating and long-lasting sense of worthlessness and sadness. Sometimes these severe conditions can result in suicide.
Although there are treatments for it, a large percentage of depressed people do not receive treatment for it. What factors are responsible for depression, and how can someone who is depressed get help?
What Causes Depression?
There are diverse reasons that can cause depression. It ranges from circumstantial to biological. Below are a few.
· Brain Structure. When the frontal lobe of the head is not acting as it should be, depression might set in. Further research is carried out to ascertain if it happens before or after the onset of the symptoms.
· Childhood Trauma. Incidents that happened at an early stage of one’s life can trigger depression.
· Family History. A descendant from a family with depression mood disorders is likely to inherit such.
· Medical conditions. Some health conditions can put one at grave risk of being depressed. Cardiovascular disease, chronic illness, and chronic pain can lead to severe mood disorders.
· Drug abuse. An estimated 21 percent who abuse drugs end up being depressed eventually.
· Depressant drugs. In a bid to treat some health conditions, most drugs contain a fraction of depressants. If not regulated according to doctor’s prescription, depression will eventually set in.
· Abuse. A past emotional or physical abuse can trigger depression.
· Conflict. One who is biologically vulnerable and having a heated conflict with a relative. If such conflict continues, gradually depression could begin to set in.
These are a few causes of depression. With the right kind of food and supplement, you can get your health back.
If noticed early, it can be taken care of when symptoms are in their incubation period. Generally, depression can be said to be mild, moderate, or severe. It depends more on how long such depression has been and the number of relapses. Here are a few symptoms of depression below.
1. Reduced interest activities that were once pleasurable
2. Drastic loss of appetite
3. Loss of sexual drive
4. Having too much or too little sleep
5. Incessant loss of energy or fatigue
6. Having difficulty to think and analyze
7. Having difficulty concentrating
8. Feelings of guilt and worthless
9. Having suicidal thoughts
10. Attempts to commit suicide
While these are general to both males and females, there are specific traits that are peculiar to each gender.
For the females:
1. Mood swings
3. Thinking about negative thoughts
While for the male, peculiar symptoms are:
1. Working without having breaks
2. Trying hard to avoid social events
3. Difficulty in balancing family and work responsibilities
4. Showing abusive or controlling behavior in relationships
5. More likely to abuse drugs and alcohol
6. Easily get angry over slight provocation
Having depression is not a lost cause. There are remedies and treatments to help one get off depression. It will be beneficial to use the right health supplements such as L-Phenylalanine 500 Mg by Metabolic Maintenance that will add no side effects whatsoever.